Call for applications: Job Opportunities
Organization: Ecological Balance Cameroon
Category: Non-Profit Organization
Location/City: Buea, South West Cameroon
Ecological Balance Cameroon is a non-profit organization dedicated to balancing conservation with livelihoods. It was registered in December 2016 with mission to empower communities that live near biodiversity rich ecosystems to undertake actions that would ensure the sustainability of their adjacent ecosystem. This stems down from the belief that ecosystem conservation can be most sustainable if it is led by people living close to and more so if it contributes to their livelihoods.
We are currently hiring committed and reliable individuals, who are willing to contribute to our mission.
- Project Manager
The Irvingia programme is developing value chains for non-wood forest products in Cameroon. The aim of which is to help forest dependent communities to earn more money from non-wood forest products, so that they have reasons to protect their adjacent forests. Basically, we train forestpreneurs, help them establish forest-based businesses and help them market the end products. We are looking at expanding our operations to include a cooperative society and setting up of various production units. Within this context, we seek the services of a project manager to;
- Produce action plans presentations and reports on all activities
- Organize trainings on adding value to/ processing to natural products
- Set up and supervise small businesses
- Develop ideas and support fundraising efforts
- Assist in proposal writing and production of research write-ups
- contribute to strategies for product development, propose innovations in project implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Assist in other activities etc.
Young, energetic and motivated individual with at least 3years experience in project and business management. S/he should have conspicuous leadership skills and certificate(s) in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, value chain development, forestry and related field. Skills in commodity value chain development, product packaging, marketing strategies and projections are essential. Experience in project planning and management, resource mobilization & management, business models and business administration will be an added advantage.
2. Media & Communications Manager
In order to properly communicate our activities, Ecological Balance seeks the services of a Media & Communications Assistant to help us manage all communications.
- Rebrand and restructure all communications
- Manage all online communications platforms; facebook, instagram, twitter, LinkedIn (create content, online adverts, direct live coverage etc to improve online presence) and ensure traffic on all media platforms
- Direct picture & video coverage, edit videos, produce documentaries, podcasts, video reports etc.
- Oversee all offline communication activities: produce write ups; oversea newspaper, radio and television programs; documentaries, brochures, roll ups, reports, press releases, ensure external coverage of events etc.
- Oversea writing & reviewing of news articles and ensure on time publication of e-newsletters
- Assist in the organizing and managing of events, production of plans and presentations
- Develop ideas and support fundraising efforts.
- Assist in developing a Conservation Education curriculum, conducting environmental education and other activities within the organization
Three years’ experience in media/communication/content development. Certificate in Journalism and Mass Communication, media studies, branding, marketing and any related field. Skills in graphic design, multimedia, branding and marketing are must haves.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit the complete application files comprising of a CV, motivation letter and copies of certificates to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org latest January 15th 2021.
Limbi Blessing T.